Thanks to the invention of the internet, there is no longer the problem of being unable to communicate over long distances. While phones made it easy to communicate with distant colleagues or friends, video chat has just made it pleasant to do so, and you may find that video chatting is exactly what you need to keep your friendships alive regardless of the distance that may be between you and your friends.
Being able to video chat over the internet to your friends can be a great way to enable you to stay in touch, regardless of where you or they are. It can be a sad thing to disconnect from your friends just because they move, but, thanks to the invention of video chat, that is no longer a problem. Being able to connect a webcam to your computer, dial up your friend, and chat with him or her face to face makes staying in contact with distant friends a good deal easier.
Another huge way that video chat has impacted our lives is by being able to chat with loved ones far away. Many soldiers in distant countries are able to keep in contact with their loved ones at home, and children are able to contact their parents for Mother’s or Father’s Day. These are just a few ways that video chat has impacted life, but you can see that you can only benefit by using video chat to allow you to communicate with your friends.
When it comes to choosing the right software to enable you to video chat with friends and family around the world, it is vital that you take the time to research into what the best software for you to use will be. There are many types of programs that enable you to video chat with friends around the world, but there are many things that make one program or another unsuitable for use, such as:
- The software takes up too much bandwidth and slows down your internet connection too much.
- The program that allows you to connect via video chat is too CPU intensive, and it causes your computer to slow down or even crash thanks to the high amount of computer memory it requires to run.
- Some programs are only able to function on Macintosh computers, which will render them useless if you are trying to connect with a friend that owns a PC.
- Some programs are only designed to run on newer software platforms, meaning that your friend that has an older computer will not be able to communicate with you.
These are just a few of the problems that you may face as you try to connect with your faraway friends, but all of these things may make it difficult to communicate with your friends.
Choosing the right software is the best way to ensure that you can always chat with your friends at any time. There are a number of programs that have been designed to enable you to video chat with people around the world, and the following programs are the best to enable you to communicate regardless of where in the world you may be:
- Skype is the best program to use to video chat, as the Skype interface is easy to use. You can instantly download Skype from the program’s website, and there is Skype for Windows, Skype for Mac, Skype for mobile devices, and Skype for many other uses. Skype is actually one of the most versatile programs that you can use to video chat with your friends, and you will find that it is the best one to use for video chatting.
- GnomeMeeting enables you to connect via internet connection and an online website to chat with your friends. The protocol used for the online chat site is similar to that used by Windows, and you can visit their website to get started chatting right away.
- Paltalk is a free program that you can easily download off the web, which offers you one of the best quality of both sound and audio of any free programs. You can see as many as 6 videos in the same video chat, you are able to share photos and videos, send text and audio messages, and even view the same video in a number of rooms at the same time.
- A great video chat system is EarthLink Conference Manager, a program designed to be one of the best video conference programs. You are able to connect to a number of different locations and hold a video conference with many people in many different places around the world. You are able to video conference via your computer, making it easy for you to communicate with other PC users around the world.
- Global Live Talk helps you to communicate via video chat, both through intranets and over the internet. You can hold conferences in real time, chat, have a meeting online, send instant messages, and even have shared virtual workspaces and PowerPoint presentations. This is one of the best programs to use to gather a group of colleagues or friends together to hold a video conference.
- Many of the free instant messaging services also offer a free video chat feature for any users that own webcams. AOL, MSN, and Yahoo! messengers all offer these services for free, though usually you are only able to talk to one person at a time. However, they are still a great free way to talk to your friends around the world, and you will find that they offer a wide range of services aside from the video chat as well.